Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Salt Lake City & St. George Marathons!


Saturday, April 21st was the Salt Lake City Marathon! For the last 2 years I've run this marathon, and for some reason decided I didn't really want to train and run all that way seeing as how last year was MISERABLE for me! But I did decide to volunteer instead and hand people gatorade as they crossed the finish line. It was kind of fun to be on the other side and actually see the winner (a kenyan of course!) come across the finish line. Well, watching everyone else run and not being in on it made me kinda miss it...so I decided to start training for the St. George Marathon! I haven't done this one yet, but I've heard good things about it. I keep saying I'm not going to do another one, but then I miss it...I guess what they say is true, they're addicting! My goal for St. George is to finish in 3:40 (20 minutes off my best time) and qualify for Boston!! We'll see how that goes...maybe I can even talk my hubby into running it with me :)

5 comments:

aSHleY said...

I still don't know how you marathoners do it. My sister and brother ran the Boston this year, it was a neat experience for them. I hope you qualify and then I could come watch you.

tylah said...

I ran a marathon with Tap once, but after the first 1/2 mile, he got into his car and finished it that way. He had trained and worked his calves hard so he would be able to stiffly apply the gas pedal for that long. What an athlete!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

If you can get Matt to run, I will get Sam to run. But first I have to heal....so maybe the next one :) Stupid pelvis...it ruins everything

Tiffany said...

Hey Marcel,
Honestly, running just to run. There are times I think I was the most gifted of the kids and you a close second, but then there are other times when I think you might have been from a different family, or at least the fifth in the line of gifted children. Just kidding, good luck, that is quite an accomplishment. I was going to post on here awhile ago, but when I saw no one else had said anything, I decided I would wait. I didn't want people to associate me with the person who couldn't get anyone to post on their blog site. I got a rep to protect, here. Well, we're excited to see you in a month or so. Tiff is sitting here and wants to make very clear that this is your brother, not her. As if you couldn't tell from the sibling smartness thing, but just to keep things crystal clear.

Tiffany said...

Hi Shell I hope you have fun on your trip. When you get home you'll have a new nephew!