Tuesday, October 09, 2007

St. George Marathon!

Saturday, October 6th I ran my first St. George marathon! It was such a beautiful course, running through the canyons and the red rock. I was so nervous Friday night because the weather forecast said it was supposed to be cold, windy, and rainy, but we lucked out and had the perfect day. No rain, no wind, and about 60 degress! Debby Barney and I ran together for the first 19 miles, then I started feeling a little sick and slowed down a lot. She kept a great pace and rolled in at 3:47 and I came in at 4:02, after stopping for a little throw-up break at mile 25 in front of A LOT of people! It was a little embarrassing, but I felt SO much better after that, and had a good last mile of the race! As always, I was so very happy to cross the finish line and be done running. After the race, Amy Larsen and I went and got massage's, which was awesome. I think it speeds up the recovery process by a few weeks, it's only Tuesday and I'm walking totally normal :)


Almost to the end, can't wait!



Crossing the finish line and receiving my first St. George Marathon medal!



Grabbing some after the run water and gatorade...all of which came up about 15 minutes later!


Debby and I ran together most of the way...until I started feeling sick at about mile 19!


Finally finished...and SO happy about it!
















8 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow way to go!! I am so impressed!!

The Morzelewski Family said...

Hey Michelle! I know this is completely random, but you and I went to EFY together back in high school and you came out to stay at my house after. I heard you and Matt got married and hoped that I would get a chance to say hi again. Looks like you are doing wonderful, congrats on the Marathon, that is so impressive! Good to see you (in pics)!
Heather

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Congrats Michelle! Im glad you had a great time! It sounds like you did really well...I dont know anything about the times and what not but 4:02 sounds really good to me!

The Pizza Family said...

congrats on the marathon! that is an accomplishment. wish we would have known that you guys were down there...as we were there as well and X box was just calling our name. next time G

agirlnamedgay said...

you are awesome. you finished with such a good mile time and had to stop and throw up? crazy!!

Gina and Jon said...

Congrats!! Man I wish I had known Jon and I were at the Marathon watching his Dad on his 20th St. George Marathon, I wish I had seen you!
We are planning to run our first half marathon in January, you should join us, or give me some good tips!

The Morzelewski Family said...

Hey, well we live just east of Traverse Mountain. I heard you are moving into the Garbett townhomes in Sandy. We are out there quite a bit visiting Lawrence and Colin so hopefully I will see you once you get all moved in!

Lovely Lindsay said...

michelley! wow. i wish i had your ambition and your legs. =) such a talent you've got. thanks for your sweet post. be sure and email me your address when you get a minute so that i can send you a treat. love, lindsay (stoyan45@aol.com)