Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One week old!

Camryn is already one week old...it's already going by so fast, and I'm sure it's only going to get worse! Here are some pictures of her first week of life at home. She had jaundice when we left the hospital because her and I have different blood types, so we had what's called the bili bed (for bilirubin) brought to our house so that she could lay under the lights to help it go down. It looked like a little miniature tanning bed, it was cute :)She spent her first few days wearing just a diaper and laying under the lights, so I haven't gotten to play dress up much! But she did really good, and her last blood test showed her bilirubin count was back down to normal so we got to send the bed back and get some clothes on her!

So far, Camryn loves her swing, sleeping with her hands/arms over her face or chest, eating, being held, and being outside. If she's mad and I take her for a little walk, she usually calms right down. She is such a sweet baby, and we are LOVING being parents! It's so fun to just sit and watch her, I could do it for hours...I guess I do do it for hours :)

14 comments:

Sarah said...

she is adorable! newborns are so much fun. can't wait to see more of her!

rachelle said...

she's a doll! how precious... hope you're getting some sleep!

becca said...

she is so cute. I love the pictures with her eyes open!
so precious.
isn't being a parent the greatest!

Tiffany said...

She is a doll! SO........I totally think she looks like Matt! Those pics look like him! She is so precious I love her! Have so much fun!

Michelle said...

Sarah...if you read this send me an email invite to your blog..I can't read it anymore!! mleegarrett@gmail.com Thanks!

Leslie said...

I love the name you chose. She is adorable, do you think she'll stay dark like Matt?

Annette Rose said...

I can't wait to see her. She is so darn cute. She looks so tiny in that swing. You can't tell she was 9 lbs in the pictures. I can't wait to come!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! I hear she is adorable,and she looks it from the photos. Best of luck.

The Burdo Family said...

Congratulations!! She is so adorable, I can't believe Riley was that small only a few months ago, it goes by so fast!

Brittney said...

hey guys...I found your blog from Jinii's and finally decided to stop being lazy and leave you a comment :) It was fun to see you guys and to see cute Camryn...she is so darling!

Heidi said...

congratulations on your sweet little girl! I love the name too:) I have been waiting for this post! Glad all is well. I'm a little jealous!

Sarah said...

She is so cute. I'm glad she and you are doing well!

Gina and Jon said...

She is ao dang cute!

Kyra said...

so cute- I want to see her!!