Monday, December 14, 2009

A rough day...

See the huge blue-ish green bruise on her left eyebr0w? We went to our ward christmas party Saturday morning and while Camryn was out in the hall playing with some other kids, one little girl turned around and ran off, slamming her right into the corner of a doorway. She hit her eyebrow so hard...that was definitely the hardest I've ever heard her scream :( She recovered fairly quickly then went to play in the nursery with some other little kids. Someone opened up the cupboard right into her face again.


Then we were ready to leave so I put her in her carseat, gave her my car keys (which I USED to do all the time!) and shut her door. I went around to open my door...and she'd locked it with her teeth!! I ran over to Matt, who had driven separately to tell him Camryn just locked herself in the car. He calmly asked if I wanted him to drive home and get the spare set of keys. I told him he couldn't because the other set of keys was also in the car, in the center console. Camryn was happy for a few minutes playing with her keys, and we were trying to get her to push the unlock button but it's the smaller one and she wouldn't. She finally got bored with the keys and chucked them on the ground, so we decided we better call a locksmith. Thanks to Danny we called the police because he informed us if there's a child in the car they'll come for free! So a cute blonde police lady (who had hot pink handcuff's in her back pocket!) came and opened the car for us, at which point Camryn was screaming! She was fine but ready to go home and have a bottle and go to sleep. It was a rough day....

7 comments:

The Young Family said...

What a crazy eventful day! That will be one of those stories where you look back and laugh! She still looks darling even all bruised up...poor thing!

The Smyth Family said...

That sounded horrible! Hope she is feeling better. Michelle, I can't believe how quickly she is growing up! We need to go to lunch and catch up. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and need to pick my "mommy friends" brains :D

Erica said...

Poor little girl- tell Brody who hurt her, he'll take care of them for you! :)

Wanna be farm girl said...

Oh my heck....what a day!!!

Kyra said...

sounds like a bad day for sure... glad you survived it! and by the way you can't come to so cal anymore without telling your favorite cousin! i would soo meet you. we have annual passes. and next year i want to do the run with you along the beach if you do it again!! love you shell!

Nicole and Scott said...

I would freak out..

Melissa P said...

poor girl! Sounds like a rough night for everyone! Atleast you didnt have to pay for a locksmith though to top it off!