Sunday, March 02, 2008

I'm a movie maniac!

I feel like I've been to SO many movies lately, so I'm going to do a little recap for anyone who's thinking about going to see any of these and wants my review! Remember, just my opinion on all of them, but let me know what you think!

August Rush-***** I LOVED this movie! I thought it was such a powerful movie that everyone should see. I loved the music and the story line, but I do wish that the end would have given me a little more closure. If you've seen it, you know what I mean, but I won't say too much!

Enchanted-*** Cute movie, definitely one to go to either with kids or girlfriends! Entertaining though...made me laugh and smile most of the way through.

Fools Gold-*** I liked this movie pretty well. It was definitely not as good as their last movie together, and not one I will buy or watch over and over like I do with How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, but cute and worth seeing for sure.

27 Dresses-***** I really liked this one a lot. I love Katherine Heigl, and James Marsden. They were so cute together, and made me laugh alot! I didn't go with Matt, but I don't think he would have hated it like he does some chick flicks. I'll probably buy this one.

Over Her Dead Body-*** This was cute, Matt would have hated it if I'd made him go! Has some funny parts, but kind of a different story line...reminded me of Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon a little bit.

PS I Love You-**** This was a good chick flick. I went twice and both times, everyone I was with was bawling throughout almost the entire movie! Take tissue, but so cute. And it's the guy from Phantom of the Opera in it!

The Other Boleyn Girl-** I didn't like this much at all. It was just the same guy sleeping with different women then leaving them throughout the whole movie. Cool story line because it's history and where Queen Elizabeth came from, but really didn't like the movie. I heard the book is better.

Juno-**** Great movie! A little crude at times, but very funny and just a well done movie.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

DANG GIRL! Movie crazy! I really like going to the movies but it has to be something that looks good. So,thanks for the re-cap cause now I know which to go see and not to go see! How's that cute baby! You should find out soon,right? I am so excited for you!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like Matt is Mr.Travler! Is he having fun doing it?

the Eggett's said...

Looks like I am going to have to hit the kaysville theater again to see all of these. . . . .come with if you want to see anything for the 2nd (or 3rd) time :)

Annette Rose said...

Nice recap, Shell! The ones I've seen I totally agree with what you said... which helps me decide which ones I will see, now that I've read the Shell Reviews! Thanx!

The Mortons said...

Michelle! how are you feeling, pregnant and all? Check us out at aamorton.blogspot.com i hope all is well! love ya - Annie