Sunday, March 02, 2008

A little update...

So being the very nice and supportive wife that I am :) I let my husband go to Maui for a week without me last week so he could visit his brother who lives there! Everyone thought I was crazy, and don't get me wrong, I wanted to go SOOOO bad, but it just didn't make a whole lot of sense. Here's why: Matt flew for super cheap on a buddy pass, and I would have had to buy a ticket the day before, which would have been super expensive. Matt stayed at his brothers house and slept on the floor, and I would probably have wanted to get a hotel so I had a comfy bed, which would have been super expensive. They were planning on surfing pretty much the whole time, which I love to do, but can't right now because of this little baby growing inside of me! So it basically came down to it would have been very expensive for me to go and not be able to do what they were doing. He had such a fun time though, and his brother was very happy to have a visitor for the week! I missed him SO much, but it felt good to be supportive about something that is important to my husband. He never complains about my girls weekends (aka JAMM!!!) and is always very supportive, so it was the least I could do to let him go have some guy/brother time!

After being home for a whole 4 days, he's off again to San Francisco today (sunday)!! But this time it's for work, not pleasure. He'll be home on Tuesday afternoon, and then on Wednesday afternoon.......I'm off to Vegas to spend time with my mom in the warm weather! She's there visiting for hte week, and I'm so excited to be in the sun, but I'm not used to being away from my husband for this long, I don't like it. But we're trying to get lots of vacations in before the baby comes in August!

4 comments:

aSHleY said...

YEAH! for JAMM in June. I think you need to start talking to Matt about his next trip to Hawaii and this time you go along, and the new baby. Have fun in Vegas with your Mom.

the Eggett's said...

yes, you are a good wife. I would throw a tissy fit until I could go. But, I am happy that you are such a nice wife, maybe you could give me lessons. Hooray for you guys and your fun trips!

Annette Rose said...

Enjoy all of the traveling while you can, for what, 158 more days or something. Because then the trips are few and far between. Have fun in Vegas. I am so jealous! I want to go... But 3 little reasons why trips happen less often. :) Lay in the sun for me!

The Barneys said...

You and Amy are way more understanding then I would have been. I seriously would have freaked if Jake asked to go to Hawaii with out me.